Melanie Gasmen is currently a junior journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and is excited to be writing from one of the greenest cities in the nation. Though she’s an aspiring magazine writer, she’s written for The Daily Texan, UT’s student-run newspaper. She’s a budding environmentalist and curious about the unique green initiatives found throughout Austin. When she isn’t writing, she likes cooking, baking, and playing the guitar.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Poop-powered airport shuttle bus hits the road in the U.K.
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux