Melanie Gasmen is currently a junior journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and is excited to be writing from one of the greenest cities in the nation. Though she’s an aspiring magazine writer, she’s written for The Daily Texan, UT’s student-run newspaper. She’s a budding environmentalist and curious about the unique green initiatives found throughout Austin. When she isn’t writing, she likes cooking, baking, and playing the guitar.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 18 foods that fight common ailments
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 10 ways to get 10 minutes of exercise
- 15 things you're doing wrong in the kitchen
- Finally answered! Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux