A 2006 graduate of the New School’s MFA Creative Writing program, Matt Hickman cut his editorial teeth as a contributing writer at luxury lifestyle magazine, CITY. More recently, he covered everything and anything eco-friendly as a lead co-writer and editor for eco-living website GreenYour, a venture by leading New York-based sustainability consultancy, GreenOrder. Matt also is a writer for the Big Apple arm of sassy green tip-makers Ideal Bite and has written for Nerve.com and Gridskipper. Matt, whose weaknesses include diet soda, tsotchkes, and scented soy candles, calls a two-bedroom apartment in Red Hook, Brooklyn, home sweet home.
When he's not being an advice columnist, Matt is the home blogger for MNN. You can reach Matt at MHickman@mnn.com and follow him at Twitter at @mattyhick.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- The inspiring letter carried by climber killed on Everest
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Kids who grow up with dogs and cats are more emotionally intelligent and compassionate
- How to give your pot holders a deep cleaning
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Giant cold 'bubble' discovered in our universe may finally have an explanation
- Why creative people shouldn't work 9 to 5
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- 10 foods you should never, ever eat
- 10 uses for lemons