A 2006 graduate of the New School’s MFA Creative Writing program, Matt Hickman cut his editorial teeth as a contributing writer at luxury lifestyle magazine, CITY. More recently, he covered everything and anything eco-friendly as a lead co-writer and editor for eco-living website GreenYour, a venture by leading New York-based sustainability consultancy, GreenOrder. Matt also is a writer for the Big Apple arm of sassy green tip-makers Ideal Bite and has written for Nerve.com and Gridskipper. Matt, whose weaknesses include diet soda, tsotchkes, and scented soy candles, calls a two-bedroom apartment in Red Hook, Brooklyn, home sweet home.
When he's not being an advice columnist, Matt is the home blogger for MNN. You can reach Matt at MHickman@mnn.com and follow him at Twitter at @mattyhick.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)
- How to stop (some) drones from flying over your house
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- How to fix 7 hardwood floor problems