A 2006 graduate of the New School’s MFA Creative Writing program, Matt Hickman cut his editorial teeth as a contributing writer at luxury lifestyle magazine, CITY. More recently, he covered everything and anything eco-friendly as a lead co-writer and editor for eco-living website GreenYour, a venture by leading New York-based sustainability consultancy, GreenOrder. Matt also is a writer for the Big Apple arm of sassy green tip-makers Ideal Bite and has written for Nerve.com and Gridskipper. Matt, whose weaknesses include diet soda, tsotchkes, and scented soy candles, calls a two-bedroom apartment in Red Hook, Brooklyn, home sweet home.
When he's not being an advice columnist, Matt is the home blogger for MNN. You can reach Matt at MHickman@mnn.com and follow him at Twitter at @mattyhick.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How often do you need to change your sheets?
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 59 ways to live a longer life
- 10 foods you should never, ever eat
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]
- What's wrong with my cookies? A troubleshooting guide
- The world's 10 oldest living trees