A 2006 graduate of the New School’s MFA Creative Writing program, Matt Hickman cut his editorial teeth as a contributing writer at luxury lifestyle magazine, CITY. More recently, he covered everything and anything eco-friendly as a lead co-writer and editor for eco-living website GreenYour, a venture by leading New York-based sustainability consultancy, GreenOrder. Matt also is a writer for the Big Apple arm of sassy green tip-makers Ideal Bite and has written for Nerve.com and Gridskipper. Matt, whose weaknesses include diet soda, tsotchkes, and scented soy candles, calls a two-bedroom apartment in Red Hook, Brooklyn, home sweet home.
When he's not being an advice columnist, Matt is the home blogger for MNN. You can reach Matt at MHickman@mnn.com and follow him at Twitter at @mattyhick.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Reinventing the wheel, 'Tron'-style
- 11 minimalist nature photos that will leave you speechless
- The most dangerous foods for dogs
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is deism?
- 15 indelible images from the Refugio oil spill
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- What happens when you switch to only organic foods?
- Why we need to live with less [Infographic]
- 5 brilliant mathematicians and their impact on the modern world