College freshman Miranda Lewis is studying photography at Yale University in Connecticut and is interested in how art, specifically photography, can be used as a lens in which we can explain the world. Miranda is originally from Atlanta, Ga., where she attended the Paideia school. She spent a summer working at the London-based nonprofit, Adventure Ecology, in their art gallery which displays artists who interpret the environment and environmental issues through art. Miranda is interested in how other artists achieve awareness, intentionally or unintentionally, through art.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- How to hike with your cat
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 25 quotes that will rekindle your connection to nature
- What is freezing fog?