College freshman Miranda Lewis is studying photography at Yale University in Connecticut and is interested in how art, specifically photography, can be used as a lens in which we can explain the world. Miranda is originally from Atlanta, Ga., where she attended the Paideia school. She spent a summer working at the London-based nonprofit, Adventure Ecology, in their art gallery which displays artists who interpret the environment and environmental issues through art. Miranda is interested in how other artists achieve awareness, intentionally or unintentionally, through art.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Mother's photos glorify a mermaid's adventures
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Can you identify these trees based on their flowers?
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video