College freshman Miranda Lewis is studying photography at Yale University in Connecticut and is interested in how art, specifically photography, can be used as a lens in which we can explain the world. Miranda is originally from Atlanta, Ga., where she attended the Paideia school. She spent a summer working at the London-based nonprofit, Adventure Ecology, in their art gallery which displays artists who interpret the environment and environmental issues through art. Miranda is interested in how other artists achieve awareness, intentionally or unintentionally, through art.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- What happens when you blow bubbles when it's minus 49 degrees?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- The Flow beehive harvests honey without opening hive
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is freezing fog?
- 18 most bizarre pigeon breeds
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog