College freshman Miranda Lewis is studying photography at Yale University in Connecticut and is interested in how art, specifically photography, can be used as a lens in which we can explain the world. Miranda is originally from Atlanta, Ga., where she attended the Paideia school. She spent a summer working at the London-based nonprofit, Adventure Ecology, in their art gallery which displays artists who interpret the environment and environmental issues through art. Miranda is interested in how other artists achieve awareness, intentionally or unintentionally, through art.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 'Super-termites' emerge from hybrid swarms in Florida
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- How to master the art of flower photography
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- What was the Dancing Plague of 1518?
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen