Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Google Maps inspires dog rescue
- What the heck are frankincense and myrrh?
- 15 words you never knew came from literature
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- Is your goat happy? Here's how you can tell
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- Best books of 2014 in conservation photography
- 10 natural cough remedies