Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Dogs versus cats: Take the quiz!
- 5 surefire ways to kill a houseplant
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- Why living small means living happily ever after
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- 10 natural cough remedies