Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- How to give a cat a pill
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 ways you can help pit bulls (and 1 involves extremely cute puppy photos)
- 5 unusual ways to keep your house warm
- Why are some people colder than others?
- 10 tear-jerking reunions between soldiers and their dogs
- Meet Honey Bee, the blind rescue cat that loves to hike
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Tiny hamster eats big Thanksgiving dinner