Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 18 foods that fight common ailments
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Conceptual photographer pays homage to the mysterious work of Costica Acsinte
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Finally answered! Which came first, the chicken or the egg?