Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 'Miracle Dogs' celebrates rescue dogs and their owners
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 10 everyday foods to cook in a rice cooker
- Photo project shows men and women aging from 1-100
- Welcome to the magical world of Christmas tree worms
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- Mushroom Lentil Bourguignon: Vegan recipe
- 10 sculptures that will leave you yearning for snow
- Agriculture-minded retirement community keeps greenthumbed residents happily occupied