Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How to hike with your cat
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Infographic: What's your state good at?
- What is freezing fog?