Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- How often should you wash your towels?
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog