Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- When is the best time to buy airplane tickets?
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- Ancient Egyptian handbook of spells deciphered
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to discuss climate change with your uncle during the holidays
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 18 foods that fight common ailments
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- 6 food companies embracing the art of storytelling
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?