Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- Baobab: The 'superfood' that saves lives
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme
- What is freezing fog?
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- How to stop (some) drones from flying over your house
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists