Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
Maria's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- The seven stones of simpler living
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- Bigfoot turns angry in new trailer for 'EXISTS'
- Pharrell's "Happy" is even happier in sign lanugage
- How to clean brass naturally
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 10 natural cough remedies