Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to get rid of wasps naturally
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 9 of the world's smallest birds
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- Why 2015 is a big year for child nutrition
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]