Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
Maria's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Quiet Treehouse: A sylvan escape that battles noise pollution
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- If your fridge dies, should you put frogs in your milk?
- 8 acts of kindness to animals that will restore your faith in humanity
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- What's cuter than a panda on a slide? 4 of them
- 5 brilliant mathematicians and their impact on the modern world
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Tips for cooling off this summer