Maria Martinez is a student at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor where she studies English and Global Change, an interdisciplinary program aimed at understanding the environmental challenges and changes that humanity faces today and the need for sustainability. She is particularly interested in the way that humans interact with resources and the consequences of a transforming environment on resource availability and accessibility. Currently, she is considering a future in environmental law. In her spare time, Maria enjoys being outdoors, mentoring and reading. One of her favorite places to be is Northern Michigan.
Maria's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 23 temples in nature: Engulfed by nature
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz
- Watch Wounda the chimpanzee hug Jane Goodall after being released into the wild
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- You'd think a beagle rescued from a testing lab might not make a great pet (but you'd be so wrong) |
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 health benefits of lemons
- Hundreds of people 'pay it forward' at a single Starbucks location