Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Coyote finds old dog toy, acts like a puppy
- Cahokia: America's unknown ancient city
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- Watch: Baby fox walks up to people asking for help
- 20 crafty uses for K-Cups
- Elk's sad tale a reminder not to feed wildlife
- The real story behind that viral skeletons video
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion