Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How to stop a cold before it starts
- British farmer ordered to demolish clandestine castle house
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- Cape Cod dune shacks float on the edge of the continent
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- Books bound in human flesh discovered in Harvard library
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live