Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz
- The science behind the extraordinary vision of owls
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Norwegian music stars Ylvis teach you how to tie the world's greatest knot