Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
Mary Ann's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What if Raleigh and Atlanta just merged?
- 9 habits that may do more harm than good
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 100 years later, the passenger pigeon still haunts us
- Name the state where these natural wonders are located: Quiz
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- Who owns the very first Ford Mustang?
- 15 of the most toxic places to live: Apocalypse now?