Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 'Super-termites' emerge from hybrid swarms in Florida
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Newborn leopard cub can't keep his eyes open
- How to master the art of flower photography
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades