Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
Mary Ann's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Corgis are taking over the Internet. (And if you have any doubt, watch a couple of these videos) | M
- 10 all-natural solutions for getting a better night's sleep
- 8 relationship myths that might surprise you
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Boost your mood in 5 minutes
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Photosynthesis photographed for the first time
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- Cycling across the country barefoot in search of a simpler life