Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What your sleep position says about you
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 10 natural cough remedies
- What your blood type says about you
- How often do you really need to shower?
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- 10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries: Go figure
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth