Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Drone flies after being installed with honeybee brain
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Bioluminescent fungi: 12 mushrooms that glow in the dark
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Everything you need to know about cast iron cookware
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- Stunned by Yosemite: A trip that will make you feel alive
- These gravity-defying drip castles are out of this world
- 10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries: Go figure
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid