Mary Ann Moxon
MY MOST RECENT CONTENT
What's on your mind? Don't be shy! Let people know what you are thinking.
News from mmoxon's state
Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
- I am going to do a chemical/toxin audit of my home
- I will actually use my reusable bags
- I will eat more meals at home
- I will get my kids (and myself!) outside more this year
- I will make my home more energy-efficient
- I will read three environmentally themed books this year
- I will recycle my old electronics & not throw them away before I buy any new gadgets
- I will support my local and green businesses this year
- I will walk one place each week instead of driving there