Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Christmas comes early with this a cappella version of 'Little Drummer Boy'
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 7 uses for candle stubs
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 4 reasons to enjoy buying nothing
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- 5 fun family games for Christmas