Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Kitten found with frozen paws will make full recovery
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Bizarre lamb with human-like face born in Russia
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Photos: Hyper-crowded Hong Kong apartments go up, up, up ...
- The long, strange history of the laugh track
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- In the Sierra Nevada, an off-grid tiny house fit for a modern day mountain man
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't