Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
Mary Ann's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- The world’s most multilingual countries
- Boost your mood in 5 minutes
- 10 all-natural solutions for getting a better night's sleep
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- 14 household uses for beer