Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Newly discovered glass frog looks a lot like Kermit
- The environmental groups that dominate Facebook
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Why creative people shouldn't work 9 to 5