Mary Ann Moxon
Mary Ann Moxon is a former special education teacher and executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey. After many years of environmental work with the Texas League, she founded the Recycling Coalition of Arlington (the forerunner to curbside pickup in that city) and wrote a monthly "Easy Being Green" column in Arlington, Tex. She moved to Virginia in 2003 and wrote an environmental column in The Virginia Gazette in Williamsburg, VA from 2008-2013.
Her environmental blog focuses on Tidewater Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay (since she's also a sailor), and includes ways to make greener choices, tips on green products and environmentally-wise lawn care and landscaping, and the latest threats to Virginia's environment (such as the proposed coal-powered power plant near the James River).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is mindfulness?
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Healthy Banana Blueberry Bread: Vegan Recipe
- Recycling symbols decoded
- Stunning views and rattled nerves abound at cliff-clinging Aussie abode
- Stephen Hawking says Higgs boson could destroy life, the universe and everything
- Think you know how to spot a psychopath? Think again