I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- How to transform your sleep with the sun
- Why a former NFL star gave up football to become a farmer