I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Dogs versus cats: Take the quiz!
- 5 surefire ways to kill a houseplant
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- Why living small means living happily ever after
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- 10 natural cough remedies