I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 25 of the cutest bat species
- How to get rid of wasps naturally
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- High-tech car theft with a $17 device