I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
momof3's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 23 temples in nature: Engulfed by nature
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz
- Watch Wounda the chimpanzee hug Jane Goodall after being released into the wild
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- You'd think a beagle rescued from a testing lab might not make a great pet (but you'd be so wrong) |
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 health benefits of lemons
- Hundreds of people 'pay it forward' at a single Starbucks location