I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
momof3's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Quiet Treehouse: A sylvan escape that battles noise pollution
- If your fridge dies, should you put frogs in your milk?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Tips for cooling off this summer
- 8 acts of kindness to animals that will restore your faith in humanity
- 10 fruits you can grill
- 10 natural cough remedies
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail