I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to give a cat a pill
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 5 unusual ways to keep your house warm
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Why are some people colder than others?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- We've been splitting wood all wrong
- 7 of the coldest places in the world to live: Bone chilling