I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The best workouts for your body shape
- 8 ways to reuse and upcycle milk jugs
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- How often do you really need to shower?
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Dancers add imagination in unexpected places
- 10 tips for starting a plant-based diet
- 12 amazing places to sleep before you turn 50