I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
momof3's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 8 ways to overcome emotional eating
- 5 invasive plants to keep out of your garden
- Think you know how to spot a psychopath? Think again
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- This herd of wild elephants enjoys a stroll through a hotel lobby
- Why you have to pee in the middle of the night
- 10 natural cough remedies