I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 'Small is Beautiful' casts honest, often heartbreaking light on tiny house movement
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Kids who grow up with dogs and cats are more emotionally intelligent and compassionate
- World's Best Vegan Guacamole: Recipe
- Wild sperm whale mimics diver
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- California welcomes its first edible cricket farm