I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Photo project shows men and women aging from 1-100
- 10 everyday foods to cook in a rice cooker
- Andrew Weil says no to kombucha
- 8 relationship myths that might surprise you
- 10 sculptures that will leave you yearning for snow
- Agriculture-minded retirement community keeps greentumbed residents busy
- We're all searching for a better chicken recipe
- Jane Goodall explains empathy and why kids need pets