I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- What is freezing fog?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How to hike with your cat
- What your blood type says about you
- How to make overnight oats