I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
momof3's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 100 years later, the passenger pigeon still haunts us
- The seven stones of simpler living
- 15 uses for olive oil outside the kitchen
- Pharrell's 'Happy' is even happier in sign language
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- Could a mummy's curse be causing earthquakes and floods in Siberia?
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws