I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
momof3's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- Plastic 'trash islands' forming in ocean garbage patch
- 13 natural ways to deal with spiders
- What species rules Earth? (It's probably not humans)
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 9 of the most interesting inventions of 2014
- 8 relationship myths that might surprise you
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- To fight unemployment, India to plant 2 billion trees