I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
momof3's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Older than your grandma - Animals with the longest life spans
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 4 breastfeeding myths, debunked
- 10 of the smallest homes in the world: A truly eco-abode
- Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cardomom and Hazelnuts: Vegan recipe
- If I fits, I sits: 18 photos that prove cats can get comfortable anywhere