I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
momof3's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 honey treatments for great skin and hair
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- The seven stones of simpler living
- How to clean brass naturally
- 8 videos that prove we're not the only ones who snore
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- Could you survive being lost in the woods? Quiz