I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Egg-shaped hideaway gives whole new meaning to 'escape pod'
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Morgan Freeman is now a beekeeper
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Epsom salt bath: Why it's so good for you
- Map points the way for the ultimate U.S. road trip
- Madagascar's panther chameleon is really 11 separate species
- Best beach of 2015 is off the beaten path