I married into a farm family and we follow local and organic standards for all of our food. One of my favorite quotes is from Michael Pollen, the food writer: "You can vote with your fork three times a day. You may not cast every vote in the best possible way....but if you do one right - if you get organic instead of conventional or local instead of organic - you are taking a big step."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Guns really do change the way you think
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 6 haunting songs sung by whales
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- Drink beer. It's good for your brain
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?