Monica Quincy "MQ" Bernstein
Monica “MQ” Bernstein is a sophomore at H-B Woodlawn Secondary Program in Arlington, Va. Since a very young age, MQ has been involved with helping others. She has a great love of helping animals that has continued through her childhood. Instead of accepting gifts for her seventh and ninth birthday parties, MQ requested that money to be sent to the WWF to help pandas. At 13, MQ met with Gerry Ellis, the founder of Globio, to discuss giving money directly to Wolong, the panda reserve in Wenchuan country. During her Bat Mitzvah, she requested that people give donations to Globio, who would in turn send the money to Wolong. In addition to loving animals, she is bilingual, having gone to a Spanish-immersion elementary school, and she the only freshman in her school to complete the Spanish AP exam. She has become active in her school’s theater department and is a writer and an editor for her school’s paper, Verbum Sap Sat. MQ also volunteers at Inova Alexandria Hospital and is trying to improve her school’s recycling habits. Her plans for the future involve becoming a doctor (specifically a neurologist) so she can continue helping people.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Dog captures images that grab his attention
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- How to travel well when you have a 9-to-5 job
- Should you cut out swearing in front of animals?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Morgan Freeman is now a beekeeper
- Does happiness have a scent?
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux