Mayra Rivarola moved from her home country of Paraguay two and a half years ago to study journalism at Kansas State University. She has reported for the college newspaper and K-State’s International Food Safety Network. She is involved with the fair trade movement and actively supports organic and sustainable farming. When she graduates in the spring of 2010, she hopes to return to Paraguay to become a positive agent of change as an environmental journalist.
Mayra's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- No descendants are left from the first Arctic Eskimos
- What do you call this baby animal?
- Richard Proenneke: The man who showed us how to be alone in the wilderness
- Prairie dog needs help squeezing out of too-tiny tunnel
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 5 honey treatments for great skin and hair