Mayra Rivarola moved from her home country of Paraguay two and a half years ago to study journalism at Kansas State University. She has reported for the college newspaper and K-State’s International Food Safety Network. She is involved with the fair trade movement and actively supports organic and sustainable farming. When she graduates in the spring of 2010, she hopes to return to Paraguay to become a positive agent of change as an environmental journalist.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 special dogs saved by social media
- Are you emotionally intelligent?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to see the shortest total lunar eclipse of the century
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 13 photos of dogs that got invited to the wedding
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?