Mayra Rivarola moved from her home country of Paraguay two and a half years ago to study journalism at Kansas State University. She has reported for the college newspaper and K-State’s International Food Safety Network. She is involved with the fair trade movement and actively supports organic and sustainable farming. When she graduates in the spring of 2010, she hopes to return to Paraguay to become a positive agent of change as an environmental journalist.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- What's wrong with my cookies? A troubleshooting guide
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- How often do you need to change your sheets?
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 20 things you didn't know about zebras
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The world’s most multilingual countries