Mayra Rivarola moved from her home country of Paraguay two and a half years ago to study journalism at Kansas State University. She has reported for the college newspaper and K-State’s International Food Safety Network. She is involved with the fair trade movement and actively supports organic and sustainable farming. When she graduates in the spring of 2010, she hopes to return to Paraguay to become a positive agent of change as an environmental journalist.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 25 quotes that will rekindle your connection to nature
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- Drink beer. It's good for your brain
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared