Mary Candice Shindler
Mary was born in Fairfax, Virginia and grew up Charlottesville. She graduated from James Madison University in 2010 with a B.A. in Philosophy and Religion. In 2009, she attended the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change in Copenhagen, Denmark as a youth delegate.
In recognition of the critical state of our planet, and the youth's ability to shape the outcome, she is currently dedicated to inspiring a new dream and igniting her generation into action.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- How to hike with your cat
- Newborn orca calves make waves in Pacific Northwest
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- What is freezing fog?
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- Bras don't actually work, says French study