Maddy Yozwiak recently graduated from the Ursuline School in New Rochelle, N.Y, and is heading to Yale College this fall. Though a lifelong vegetarian, she really started to take action in high school. After being selected a 2008 Weather Channel Eco-Ambassador, she began working towards greening her school. As co-president of the Environmental Awareness Club, she has organized a number of actions over the last two years in an effort to raise awareness and fight global warming. Maddy is also a member of her town government's Global Warming Citizen's Advisory Committee and a recipient of a Westchester County Community Sustainability Award in 2009. A self-professed solar energy nerd, she loves spending time with her solar panels as part of an independent research project.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 models the car lots can't give away
- Halley's Comet to make Cinco de Mayo appearance
- The scientific trick to healthy happiness
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a walk through time
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- What's that sound? 7 wildlife calls you might hear in your backyard
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- Underwater volcano may be erupting off Oregon
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.