Maddy Yozwiak recently graduated from the Ursuline School in New Rochelle, N.Y, and is heading to Yale College this fall. Though a lifelong vegetarian, she really started to take action in high school. After being selected a 2008 Weather Channel Eco-Ambassador, she began working towards greening her school. As co-president of the Environmental Awareness Club, she has organized a number of actions over the last two years in an effort to raise awareness and fight global warming. Maddy is also a member of her town government's Global Warming Citizen's Advisory Committee and a recipient of a Westchester County Community Sustainability Award in 2009. A self-professed solar energy nerd, she loves spending time with her solar panels as part of an independent research project.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What is face blindness?
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 8 life lessons we learned from Dr. Seuss
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- Goats really can climb trees
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong