Maddy Yozwiak recently graduated from the Ursuline School in New Rochelle, N.Y, and is heading to Yale College this fall. Though a lifelong vegetarian, she really started to take action in high school. After being selected a 2008 Weather Channel Eco-Ambassador, she began working towards greening her school. As co-president of the Environmental Awareness Club, she has organized a number of actions over the last two years in an effort to raise awareness and fight global warming. Maddy is also a member of her town government's Global Warming Citizen's Advisory Committee and a recipient of a Westchester County Community Sustainability Award in 2009. A self-professed solar energy nerd, she loves spending time with her solar panels as part of an independent research project.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- Cape Cod dune shacks float on the edge of the continent
- What's wrong with my cookies? A troubleshooting guide
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- Baked Polenta with Roasted Vegetables: Recipe
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux