Maddy Yozwiak recently graduated from the Ursuline School in New Rochelle, N.Y, and is heading to Yale College this fall. Though a lifelong vegetarian, she really started to take action in high school. After being selected a 2008 Weather Channel Eco-Ambassador, she began working towards greening her school. As co-president of the Environmental Awareness Club, she has organized a number of actions over the last two years in an effort to raise awareness and fight global warming. Maddy is also a member of her town government's Global Warming Citizen's Advisory Committee and a recipient of a Westchester County Community Sustainability Award in 2009. A self-professed solar energy nerd, she loves spending time with her solar panels as part of an independent research project.
Maddy's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Would you survive being lost at sea? Quiz
- Healthy Banana Blueberry Bread: Vegan Recipe
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- 5-Ingredient Breakfast Granola Bars: Vegan Recipe
- Cinnamon-Vanilla Banana Milkshake: Vegan recipe
- Everything you need to know about cast iron cookware
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?