Nicole is a freelance writer and doctoral student in political science, specializing in the political economy of the Middle East. She has traveled extensively throughout the region, and has written about various area issues including labor, immigration, spacial inequalities and state/market transformation in the Gulf. She is also interested in the politics of post-conflict reconstruction. In her semioccasional spare time, Nicole enjoys reading, running, and going on culinary expeditions in the outer burbs.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What is face blindness?
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 8 life lessons we learned from Dr. Seuss
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm