Nicole is a freelance writer and doctoral student in political science, specializing in the political economy of the Middle East. She has traveled extensively throughout the region, and has written about various area issues including labor, immigration, spacial inequalities and state/market transformation in the Gulf. She is also interested in the politics of post-conflict reconstruction. In her semioccasional spare time, Nicole enjoys reading, running, and going on culinary expeditions in the outer burbs.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 'Game of Thrones' star Natalie Dormer's killer workout
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]
- Photos: Hyper-crowded Hong Kong apartments go up, up, up ...
- 9 of the world's smallest birds
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists