Nahal Jalali is a student at George Washington University in Washington, D.C., where she is majoring in political science. Born and raised in Orange County, California, Nahal has been an avid environmental advocate since childhood and enjoys taking advantage of the oceanic wonders the coastal state offers. Throughout high school she has been an active member of local social activism with an emphasis on environmental issues, specifically global climate change, and plans on continuing this tradition on the university level. After graduation, she hopes to join the Peace Corps before pursuing a doctorate in international studies.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What's the deal with cats and windows?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Celestial sights to check out in the October sky, including a lunar eclipse
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 startling stats about Earth's disappearing wildlife
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage