Once upon a time, Nancie was an executive working at the intersections of media, technology and entertainment. After 20 years spent teaching Communications and Digital Media at university and working in the technology industry, she resigned as Chief Operating Officer from a successful mobile content company in 2008 and went on a life-changing, three-month trip through Southern Africa. When a creative soul with a life-long love of animals collided with a continent full of wonder, a new found passion was born: wildlife photography. While she is trying to figure out what to do when she grows up — again — Nancie now spends a great deal of her time in the woods and marshes of the Northeast photographing the wild animals, birds and nature closer to home. "My heart beats faster while in the company of wild animals. They surprise and delight. And poop." She looks forward to sharing her photo antics and life-learnings in nature. http://www.njwight.com
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Do you have the wanderlust gene?
- Giant manta ray briefly dances with surprised diver
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen