Norman K. Spencer
Norman K. Spencer enjoys a variety of activities such as running, playing music, and writing about environmental happenings. In light of his multi-faceted life, he is able to dedicate time to "all things under the Sun." Norman currently works at the Logan Community Music School as a faculty member. In addition to his teaching responsibilities, Norman also spearheads the institution's environmental stewardship program known as Ecomusic. This program aims to eliminate waste, increase recycling efforts, and educate campus personnel on sustainability principles. Norman attended the Weather Channel’s inaugural Forecast Earth Summit in Washington, D.C., to discuss strategies for mitigating the effects of climate change. Since the summit, Norman has continued to write about local happenings in Greater Charlotte area with a focus on sustainable living.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Meet the cats that rule Facebook
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- In Rotterdam, a wind turbine that's also an apartment complex (and an observation wheel)
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 7 inspiring, badass women
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth