Norman K. Spencer
Norman K. Spencer enjoys a variety of activities such as running, playing music, and writing about environmental happenings. In light of his multi-faceted life, he is able to dedicate time to "all things under the Sun." Norman currently works at the Logan Community Music School as a faculty member. In addition to his teaching responsibilities, Norman also spearheads the institution's environmental stewardship program known as Ecomusic. This program aims to eliminate waste, increase recycling efforts, and educate campus personnel on sustainability principles. Norman attended the Weather Channel’s inaugural Forecast Earth Summit in Washington, D.C., to discuss strategies for mitigating the effects of climate change. Since the summit, Norman has continued to write about local happenings in Greater Charlotte area with a focus on sustainable living.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Photographers snap Siding Spring comet buzzing Mars
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The surprising health benefits of ginger
- Use baking soda for easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs
- 'Heart of the Sea' teaser hints at the wrath of Moby Dick
- 5 ways you can help pit bulls (and 1 involves extremely cute puppy photos)
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Night skiing is even cooler if you're covered in LEDs
- 25 creative ways to help animal shelters
- Winning design for D.C.'s river-spanning, neighborhood-connecting park announced