Nicole Testa is a Coventry High graduate who entered Warren Wilson College in the fall of 2009 and is an active environmentalist. She was a member of her high school's Envirothon team for four years and her team competed in the national competition for three years. An avid recycler, Nicole helped with her high school's paper recycling program and convinced her family to recycle everything at home, which included creating a compost bin! For over a year, Nicole has been collecting soda can tabs from home, work and friends. Now, with hundreds of tabs, she will be cashing them in and donating the proceeds to an environmental organization. Working at a secondhand store, Nicole firmly believes and practices the 3 R's, buying organic and also tries to practice anti-consumerism. Nicole plans to study sustainable agriculture in college with hopes of joining the Peace Corps after receiving her four-year degree.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Dog captures images that grab his attention
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Should you cut out swearing in front of animals?
- Morgan Freeman is now a beekeeper
- Does happiness have a scent?
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- '3 Scientists Walk Into A Bar' sounds like a joke, but it’s really a new show on the Weather Channel