Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Giant lost: World's largest earwig declared extinct
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 15 things you're doing wrong in the kitchen
- Conceptual photographer pays homage to the mysterious work of Costica Acsinte
- What your sleep position says about you
- How to clean brass naturally
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Why are some people colder than others?