Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What the heck are frankincense and myrrh?
- Google Maps inspires dog rescue
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 words you never knew came from literature
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- Best books of 2014 in conservation photography
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- 10 natural cough remedies
- What are the hardest languages to learn?