Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
Patrick's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- Who owns the very first Ford Mustang?
- 13-year-old Masai boy invents device to help his community live in peace with the lions
- 36 random animal facts that may surprise you
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz
- 8 habits of happy people
- Massive veggies break world records at flower show [Photos]
- The surprising reason hummingbirds love sweet stuff
- Should what we eat change as we age?