Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- How to hike with your cat
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 25 quotes that will rekindle your connection to nature
- What is freezing fog?