Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why are my feet always cold?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- Why does fall/autumn have 2 names?
- 8 things you didn't know about the autumnal equinox
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Do you have a bi-literate brain?
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Scientist will record every sound on Earth for a year