Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
Patrick's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 11 common dietary supplements explained
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- Sleek, slanted-roof cabin wants to woo new generation of California campers
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- 7 health benefits of drinking hot cocoa
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries: Go figure
- Amazing underwater 'crop circles' spun by Japanese puffer fish