Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- When are you supposed to tip?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- What if we could create energy the way nature does?
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Why mindfulness? A case for detached awareness
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- James and Suzy Amis Cameron to launch global plant-based diet campaign
- Living cheap is the new green