Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
Patrick's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- If your fridge dies, should you put frogs in your milk?
- 8 acts of kindness to animals that will restore your faith in humanity
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Tips for cooling off this summer
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 fruits you can grill
- Black holes are 'portals to other universes,' according to new quantum results
- How to clean brass naturally
- 7 ways to keep squirrels from eating your tomatoes