Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
Patrick's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 16 clever uses for binder clips
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- 11 photos that prove tigers have a softer side
- 6 books every dog owner should read
- 7 rainy day games to play with your dog
- Who says heroes have to be human? U.S. trees save more than 850 lives a year
- Want to live longer? Go for a run.
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 12 commands every dog should know