Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- How often do you really need to shower?
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Internet emits collective 'aww' for this cat's unique face
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- How much do you know about owls?
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- The dog poem that made Johnny Carson cry