Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- Wolf traveled more than 450 miles to Grand Canyon
- Are we heading for a new 'Mass Extinction?'
- Why is it so hard to walk and not spill your coffee? Physicists have the answer
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- 14 stunning portraits show the beauty of black and white wildlife photography
- What your sleep position says about you