Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
Patrick's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 15 fascinating facts about Houdini
- What's a Twike? It's half-bike, half-electric car
- Intimate portraits spotlight shelter animals and the humans who love them
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 15 of the most toxic places to live: Apocalypse now?