Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- What happens when you blow bubbles when it's minus 49 degrees?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- The Flow beehive harvests honey without opening hive
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is freezing fog?
- 18 most bizarre pigeon breeds
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog