Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
Patrick's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 15 of the most toxic places to live: Apocalypse now?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- What's a Twike? It's half-bike, half-electric car
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 7 people who gave up on civilization to live in the wild - Becoming one with nature
- Massive online brain being built for the world's robots
- What do you call this baby animal?