Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
Patrick's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Corgis are taking over the Internet. (And if you have any doubt, watch a couple of these videos) | M
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- 8 ways to overcome emotional eating
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- Why you have to pee in the middle of the night
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Meet Venus, the cat with 2 faces
- 30 of the most beautiful places in the world
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth