Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 ways you can help pit bulls (and 1 involves extremely cute puppy photos)
- The surprising health benefits of ginger
- How to see the Orionid meteor shower at its peak
- Night skiing is even cooler if you're covered in LEDs
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 6 incredible treasures found with a metal detector
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 5 teens who have sailed around the world solo
- Puppy-sized spider surprises and scares scientist